UCB International is the corporate body that links affiliated Christian broadcasting organisations and ministries (like UCB Australia) together throughout the world. Some of these groups have been founded by UCB International, others are linked through joint ventures. United in a common vision and goal to share the Gospel message, all groups are autonomous, but work together willingly with UCB International.
In its efforts to bring the reality of Jesus Christ to today's world through Biblically based, non-denominational radio and television stations, the work of UCB International has the following goals:
- To search out opportunities, under God's direction, to establish Christian stations where there is an 'open door' and to birth a work in new areas not adequately covered.
- In doing this, we acknowledge that the best people to reach any given population are those who already live in that country.
- To nurture, train, and advise local people, and provide technical, business and financial assistance to them, in establishing professional Christian radio stations that are effective in reaching their people.
- To give ongoing support and training so each organisation feels a sense of belonging and does not feel isolated in their ministry calling.
- To provide capital and operational funding during the formative years with the aim of assisting them to financial self-sufficiency.
- To enter into co-operative ventures with other organisations of like vision to advance the goals outlined here.
- Provide a positive and encouraging alternative;
- Deliver programmes that reinforce Christian and family values;
- Provide a balance of spoken programmes and music from Christian artists, through radio.
Non Broadcasting Focus
UCB International holds the worldwide rights for distribution and publication of The Word for Today written by Bob and Debby Gass. This amazingly effective daily devotional has proved to be the ideal companion to our broadcasting ministry—both complementing and strengthening the work done on air.
Part of our commitment is to develop professional Christian broadcasters who desire to be competitive in their marketplace, with a heart to meet the audience's needs.
UCB International provides the following services:
- Specialists who can share their knowledge on a one-to-one basis
- Regional workshops to equip local stations to better manage, broadcast and market their operation
- Annual conferences help
- facilitate networking among the affiliates and provide an excellent platform for expanding knowledge and sharing experiences
- deal with the challenge of keeping contact across such a diverse group of nationalities, separated by large distances, culture and even language.
"This is God reaching people through people. His love, once born in our hearts, reaches out to others. It's the desire of people who have found Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord, reaching out to other people in these lands to tell them the Good News that Jesus saves. Richard Berry Founding President UCB International.
For more information about UCB International, visit www.ucbmedia.com